Song of the Thorn Bird

Song of the Thorn Bird

Friday, April 23, 2010

From Within

She looks upon the reflection of silver streaks,
softened curves, fuller shape and time-kissed face.
No longer the dark-haired beauty of yesteryear,
basking in the glow of youth, secure in the lure of her splendor
to draw them in, to find her way.

No sadness found within the looking glass.
Smile dawns upon the contented likeness.
Today’s confidence no longer coupled with façade,
rather from life-lesson, realization, & heart.
She looks upon the reflection of one she’s grown to love.

11 comments:

Luna said...

from within
looking out
we see the differneces
lost in yesterdays gaze
occasionally todays
gets lost in the haze

walking towords tomorrow
hoping yesterdays image
and todays will catch up
by tomorrow

lovely words Lisa

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Beautiful Lisa!... Sounds like someone is very content with what is..and not what is not...

Brian Miller said...

very nice...as we age our beauty does not diminish it only changes form...and learning to love yourself is a great lesson to learn earlier than later.

Real Dads Hangout said...

As always...WONDERFUL!

Heather said...

how beautiful, really. just tender, truthful honest words. beautiful.

Jingle said...

awesome job!
cheers!

Jingle said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/thursday-poets-rally-week-16-april-29-may-5-2010/

it is time for week 16 Thursday Poets Rally,
let me know if you wish to be a participant!
thank you.
you are represented a one of those fresh poet.

Lynn said...

Love this! I can so relate. Love of ones self is the most important love of all! ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. Confident and serene, assured. I can picture her in the mirror. I hope we can all feel that way one day. Thank you xx

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. Confident and serene, assured. I can picture her in the mirror. I hope we can all feel that way one day. Thank you xx

The Crusty Crone said...

Thx for giving me this link (in your comments on my blog.) Its lovely. (I think anyone of a certain age can relate to looking in a mirror and not recognizing the reflection for a moment. I'm glad your woman was content with what she saw. I felt myself physically relax a little.)